Methi(fenugreek leaves) Paratha –The Indian Bread is no doubt a tasty and nutritious breakfast dish with its unique flavor.
These methi parathas can be made very easily. Using whole wheat flour and fenugreek leaves you can make it within 30 minutes. The methi leaves added gives nice flavor to the paratha.
It is best served with pickles, raitha or plain yogurt.
We know fenugreek leaves are very healthy as they’re rich in iron content, anti-oxidant and dietary fibre.
Methi helps to Increase breast milk production, reduce cholesterol level( especially that of the low density lipoprotein (LDL)),reduce cardiovascular risk, flush out harmful toxins, treat constipation and Prevent colon cancer.
Chopped fenugreek / methi leaves 1 cup
Whole wheat flour 2 cups
Cumin powder ½ tsp
Cooking oil as needed
Salt to taste
- Clean, wash and chop methi / fenugreek leaves.
- In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, fenugreek leaves, salt,cumin pwd and a tsp of cooking oil.
- Add water little by little and knead to form soft to smooth dough
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes
- Divide the dough to equal sized balls
- Dust each ball with flour and roll it to nice triangular/round shape in a rolling board.
- Heat a frypan / girdle.
- Fry the parathas in medium low heat by drizzling oil to the sides.
- Flip the parathas once in 30 seconds to get even browning over the surface of the paratha.
- Yummy Methi Parathas are ready to taste.
Now the step by step clicks:
Clean, wash and chop methi / fenugreek leaves
In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, fenugreek leaves, salt,cumin pwd and a tsp of cooking oil.Add water little by little and knead to form soft to smooth dough
Divide the dough to equal sized balls
Dust each ball with flour and roll it to nice triangular/round shape in a rolling board.
Heat a frypan.Fry the parathas in medium low heat by drizzling oil to the sides.Flip the parathas once in 30 seconds to get even browning over the surface of the paratha.
Serve hot with chilled yogurt or your favorite pickle or chutney.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 5.3 g
Saturated Fat 0.6 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.0 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 96.9 mg
Potassium 0.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
Sugars 0.0 g
Protein 5.3 g
Vitamin A 0.0 %
Vitamin B-12 0.0 %
Vitamin B-6 0.0 %
Vitamin C 0.0 %
Vitamin D 0.0 %
Vitamin E 11.4 %
Calcium 0.0 %
Copper 0.0 %
Folate 0.0 %
Iron 0.0 %
Magnesium 0.0 %
Manganese 0.0 %
Niacin 0.0 %
Pantothenic Acid 0.0 %
Phosphorus 0.0 %
Riboflavin 0.0 %
Selenium 0.0 %
Thiamin 0.0 %
Zinc 0.0 %