Mumbai Pav Bhaji is one of Mumbai’s hottest selling delicious fast food! I am very excited to share Mumbai Pav Bhaji Recipe as I have vivid memories of eating this quick but tasty snack in CST Pav Bhaji stall .They served it hot with dollop of butter.My husband used to take me to juhu beach and marine drive almost every month when we were in Mumbai. There, we used to savor this tasty street food.
Now being in Kolkata my family wanted to eat Pav Bhaji! So last weekend I made it and have a plan to make it in Breakfast for Saptami in coming Durga Puja. It’s one of the simplest dishes to make. I have used Everest pav bhaji masala and amul butter for my recipe. You can use any brand of your choice. My daughters don’t love to eat capsicum, so I use only the vegetables that we like to eat, as like as pumpkin, potato, tomato, green peas etc. You can use the vegetables of your choices as well.
1 tbsp Garlic Paste
1 tbsp vegetable oil
½ cup chopped onion
2 cup (500 gram)boiled vegetables (Here I use pumpkin, tomato, potato, tomato, green peas etc)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp pav bhaji masala( I use everest pav bhaji masala)
4 tsp butter
¼ tbsp chili powder
Salt to taste
For the pav:
- Slit 8 pavs vertically and keep aside.
- Heat a large tava, add 2 tsp of butter and slit open the pavs and place on it.
- Cook on a medium flame till they turn light brown .
For the Bhaji
- Boil the veggies at first .You can use your stored refrigerated boiled veggies for a quick meal or snack.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the garlic paste ,sauté for 2 minutes.
- Now add ½ of the chopped onions and sauté it until get lightly brown. We will use the remaining onion for serving time.
- When a nice smell comes out,add the boiled vegetables with the remaining vegetable stock.
- Add the pav bhaji masala, chili powder and salt.
- smash the vegetables, well.
- Keep it on medium flame until you get the desired thickness.
- Serve 5 in a plate and garnish with dollop of butter and buttered pav.
- Garnish the bhaji with remaining chopped onion,lemon juice .Here you can also use coriander leaf for the garnishing.
1.Pav bhaji masala and pav are readily available under different brand names at most grocery stores .
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 6.7 g
Saturated Fat 4.3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 7.8 mg
Sodium 709.5 mg
Potassium 251.1 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 2.5 g