For 2-3 days my daughters A & R have been suffering from cold and cough. After giving medicine ,I thought to try ayurvedic remedy.Then I have just started to give them the juice of Tulsi leaf (basil leaf) from my garden. The result is amazing. Cold is totally gone now!
In this rainy season kids are always prone to suffer from cold and cough. So this home remedy is helpful for every mom. Sometimes they refuse to drink the juice but if you punch sugar in this , then it is not so hard to make them drink the juice. Beside this, tulsi can be used to prepare tea.It’s really beneficial and enjoyable. Today I have enjoyed my evening with a cup of herbal tulsi tea.
We worship Tulsi as a sacred plant. It is a part of our households, typically grown in earthen pots in our home or garden. The ancient Ayurveda ensured the Tulsi as a home remedy .
Green Tulsi tea :Ayurveda recipe
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tea bag
- 3-4 tulsi (basil leaf)
- 1 cube of sugar
Boil 1 cup of water for 10 minutes. Dip 1 tea bag for 1 cup of tea. Add 3-4 basil leaves. Now add sugar or sugar cubes. Adding milk is optional.. Enjoy the cup of light, refreshing green tulsi tea.
Their so many benefits of Tulsi(Basil) are as following:
- Helps bolster your immune system
- Helps fight infections, and is widely used to treat respiratory ailments
- Provides physical stamina
- Has anti-depressive action
- Enhances digestion and nutrient absorption and helps with gastrointestinal problems such as bloating (IBS: Irritable bowel syndrome)
- Reduces inflammation in diseases like arthritis
- Helps you maintain blood sugar levels in the normal range
- Neutralizes dangerous chemicals that can cause cancer, degenerative diseases and early aging
- Sharpens your memory
- Is effective in asthma, cough, croup, allergies.
- Boosts the immune system
- Provides easy oral and dental care due to its antibacterial properties.
- help to lower blood sugar levels and nourishes the pancreas
- Is useful for diarrhea, cough, cold, fever or vomiting.
- Eliminates toxins
It is not recommended taking Tulsi during pregnancy or if you are considering getting pregnant for its anti-fertility effect, but it is perfect after the birth as it helps to increase milk production.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to cure or prevent any disease. It is advisable to seek professional advice to start any of the treatments suggested on this site.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 0.0 g
Saturated Fat 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 4.8 mg
Potassium 34.2 mg
Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
Sugars 4.0 g
Protein 0.1 g
Vitamin A 2.1 %
Vitamin B-12 0.0 %
Vitamin B-6 0.1 %
Vitamin C 0.6 %
Vitamin D 0.0 %
Vitamin E 0.0 %