Pomegranate juice with sweet lime:
My kids love to assist me when I am in kitchen during holidays. Today is their holiday for 15th August (Indian Independent day) and they were interested to make this juice. They loved it very much and were so proud that they had made it all by themselves and have saved one glass in refrigerator for their father. I have just guided them.
Pomegranate and sweet limes are low in carbohydrate.
1 Sweet Lime
4 ice cubes
½ tsp rock salt/chat masala
The first thing to do is to wash and cut to open your pomegranate and sweet lime in two pieces.
squeeze them over your juicer . Add water if preferred, rock salt or chat masala powder and mix till the salt dissolved. Serve in tall glasses over ice cubes and enjoy. J
Health Benefit of Pomegranate:
- The most important health benefit of pomegranates is it produces antioxidants in our body.
- Researchers have indicated that pomegranate compounds might prevent prostate cancer and even slowdown its growth.
- Pomegranate juice is pretty good for those suffering from PCOS.(Polycystic ovary syndrome ).PCOS is a common health condition that can affect a woman’s fertility.
- Pomegranate is said to be good for reducing plaque in the arteries and raising levels of HDL (good cholesterol).
- Pomegranate juice has also been associated with reducing the risk of breast cancer.
- It has been seen that pomegranate juice helps prevent heart attacks and even stroke.
- Just a single pomegranate can provide an adult with 40% of daily vitamin C requirements.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to cure or prevent any disease. It is advisable to seek professional advice to start any of the treatments suggested on this site.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 0.6 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 1,172.7 mg
Potassium 467.4 mg
Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
Sugars 26.7 g
Protein 1.9 g
Vitamin A 4.0 %
Vitamin B-12 0.0 %
Vitamin B-6 9.5 %
Vitamin C 48.2 %
Vitamin D 0.0 %
Vitamin E 5.0 %